Use these alternatives to plastic surgery to improve your skin for a more youthful appearance
Wrinkles, lines and skin discolouration come with ageing and tend to make you look older. Here are some simple alternatives to plastic surgery which can provide some miraculous improvements in your skin’s appearance:
Those Nasty Laugh Lines and Wrinkles:
Yep, it’s happening whether you see it or not… those little laugh lines and frown lines are slowly etching their way into your face and with time will start to make you look older. But you don’t have to let that happen. With a little care, you can retain your healthy glow. Try these simple alternatives to plastic surgery to get healthier and tighter looking skin.
- Eat foods rich in fatty acids and antioxidants and avoid fatty or sugary foods as they can make your skin more puffy looking
- Avoid accessive drinking and smoking as they break down the skin’s elastic fibres causing deeper lines to appear
- Do some yoga moves like Child’s Pose, Downward-Facing Dog, and the Sun Salutation as the upside-down poses bring fresh blood to your face and help to maintain youthful skin
- Use a retinoid cream as it helps your skin build collagen and soften lines around the eyes and on the forehead
- Have a Microdermabrasion treatment as it will reveal a new underlying layer of skin cells with higher levels of collagen and elastin improving your skin’s appearance
- Have a photo facial treatment (IPL) as it will provide a smoother-looking complexion reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
As you age you may start to notice things like brown spots, discolouration, shadows under the eyes, rosacea, dull complexion, uneven pigmentation and large pores. Here are some easy alternatives to plastic surgery that can reduce these signs of ageing.
- Use a creamy concealer that is slightly lighter than your skin tone to help illuminate your undereye area to reduce the look of shadows below your eyes
- Use a lotion containing hydroquinone as this will reduce brown spots and skin discolouration
- Use a retinoid cream to speed up cell regeneration and slough away skin pigment alterations
- Get a Photo Facial treatment (Intense Pulse Light) as it targets bacteria and pigmentation helping you deal with acne scars, dark spots and scarring to decrease rosacea, age spots, dull complexion, acne and scarring
- Get a Microdermabrasion treatment as it removes the dead skin cells that have built up – those cells are what are causing the outer derma of your skin to become thick, discoloured and dull looking
More about Microdermabrasion:
Microdermabrasion is a non-chemical, non-invasive procedure that removes the outermost layer of dry, dead skin cells and reveals younger, healthier-looking skin. It also encourages the production of a new underlying layer of skin cells with higher levels of collagen and elastin, which further improves your skin’s appearance. Learn more about Microdermabrasion. And/or, book one with us today.
More about Photo Facials
Photo Facials (also known as Photorejuvenation) are cosmetic laser treatments designed to produce younger and healthier-looking skin reducing the visible signs of sun damage, time, and lifestyle choices appearing in your complexion. With the use of Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) technology, dramatic improvements can now be accomplished with little or no downtime and with very minimal discomfort. Learn more about Photo facials. And/or, book one with us today.