The Best 5 Fall Skin Care Tips for Vancouver Weather
Are you looking at the approaching Vancouver fall weather with mixed feelings? Sad to see the limitless days of sunshine come to an end, but a little excited about getting into those jeans and boots again? That summer of fun in the sun, chlorine, and saltwater can all take a toll so fall is the perfect time to switch up your skin care regime.
Follow these Best 5 Fall Skin Care Tips for beautiful, glowing and younger looking skin.
We all know that fall on the West Coast means lots of rain, which in theory is a wonderful form of moisture for your skin. But here in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland, that rain is diluted with pollutants in the atmosphere and the first rains carry the heaviest toxins. So it’s important to ramp up your care to prevent damage and get ready for the upcoming winter months.
Follow these Best 5 Fall Skin Care Tips for fabulous, healthy skin:
- Limit your shower to 5 – 10 minutes a day – Your skin secretes oils that provide a natural layer that holds in moisture. Taking long, hot showers strip away those natural oils and your skin loses its natural moisture. So keep them short and keep that moisture.
- Switch up your cleanser – Those great summer scrubs can help remove the inevitable dirt build-up from all the fun in the sun. But they also strip the skin of natural moisture and leave the skin dry. When fall arrives, switch to a soap-free hydrating cleanser like a creamy body wash.
- Apply moisturizer every time you wash your hands – Washing your hands often during the day can really strip skin of its natural moisture. Applying a moisturizer helps to lock in your skin’s own moisture and helps prevent
- Switch up your lotion – Did you know that seasonal changes can affect your skin type as well? You might find your oily skin turns normal, or your normal skin might feel tight and dry. As the weather turns cold you may need to consider changing your skin care products. If you aren’t sure what is best for you, book an appointment with Gentle Touch for a consultation.
- Exfoliate for a fresh, healthy start – The summer sun, smoke, dirt, and saltwater may have left your skin feeling dry and flaky. Start the new season off with a full-body exfoliation to remove dead skin cells from the body exposing newer skin cells and making you look refreshed and radiant. Microdermabrasion is an excellent way to exfoliate your skin.
One bonus of fall is that there’s less sun, which means tanning won’t get in the way of laser hair removal! We have some great pricing on laser hair removal in Kitsilano (for women and men) where our spa is located. We’re affordable, and our efficient team, location and online booking system reflect our desire to keep costs “real” for our clients. If you want a free latte and an expensive street-front space in Yaletown for extra cost, you have have that (in Yaletown!) For real value, try The Gentle Touch. Book online now >>